Gap Financial was established to give everyday people access to what is normally reserved for the ultra wealthy. We believe everyone deserves access to an innovative balance of institutional investment options and unbiased planning advice. We offer a broad range of portfolio management and financial planning solutions customized for your specific goals and life stage because investor's needs and priorities change over the course of their lives. We work with some of the nation’s top managers to individualize portfolios built around what really matters to you. Your investment portfolio should align your money and personal aspirations to help you live the life you want to lead both now and in the future.
Below is a cross-section of questions that our clients commonly encounter and for which we provide solutions.
Key Portfolio Management Factors
- What is the current risk level of our total investment portfolio? Are we using an evidence-based approach to build efficient portfolios?
- Does our current portfolio meet our lifestyle needs? How might we re-position our investments to meet our lifestyle objectives?
- What is our net annual return both in dollars and on a percentage basis? Are we capturing market performance?
- How much are we paying annually for investment advice? Are we keeping costs low?
- Are we using a fiduciary advisor who has legal obligation to act in our best interest?
- How tax-efficient is our investment portfolio?
Common Retirement Planning Questions
- How soon can we afford to downsize our careers or elect to fully retire and reasonably expect to maintain our standard of living throughout our retirement years?
- Now that we are finally reaching our retirement years, how should we modify our investment plan to provide more stability and higher income instead of higher growth and volatility?
- How should we optimize Social Security benefits?
- What assumptions are prudent to make about inflation, rate of return on investments, longevity?
Financial Management During Retirement
- How much can we draw annually from our investment portfolio to supplement other sources of retirement income, while still making sure that our portfolio value keeps up with inflation?
- What are the optimal choices to make for distributions from our retirement accounts prior to reaching age 70 1/2?
- What investments should I spend first in retirement – taxable or tax-deferred retirement assets?
- Should we consider long-term care insurance? What are the key factors to consider?
- My spouse is not knowledgeable about (or perhaps not interested in) financial matters. To whom can my spouse turn to for assistance if I am no longer available to handle our affairs?
- Let the market work for you: it is an effective information-processing machine.
- Don't try to outguess the market; avoid market timing.
- Resist chasing recent past performance. Past performance offers little insight into future returns.
- Structure portfolios based on what academic research shows leads to higher expected returns.
- Practice smart diversification with a global portfolio to help reduce risk.
- Manage your emotions and look beyond the headlines.
- The financial markets have rewarded long-term investors.